Royal Enfield has finally launched the highly anticipated Continental GT in India with an on-road price of Rs 2.05 lakh on-road Delhi and Rs 2.14 lakh on-road Mumbai. We saw the Continental GT first as a Café Racer concept at the Indian Auto Expo in January 2012.
The new RE flagship will be sold in two colours, red and yellow only. Powering the Continental GT will be a single cylinder air cooled 535cc engine delivering 29PS of power and 44Nm of peak torque and will come mated to a five-speed gearbox. RE has developed the chassis in collaboration with UK based Harris performance. The front suspension has 41mm telescopic forks while the rear has Paioli twin gas-charged shock absorbers. The bike is shod with Pirelli Sport Demon tyres and brembo brakes.
The Continental GT is manufactured at the company’s plant in Oragadam near Chennai. The company is expanding its manufacturing capacity to 2.5 lakh units by 2014.
- Type: Single Cylinder, 4 stroke, Air cooled
- Displacement: 535 cc
- Bore x stroke: 87mm x 90mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Maximum Power: 29.1 bhp (21.4 kW) @ 5100 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 44 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Front Tyre: 100/90-18, 56 H Pirelli Sport Demon
- Rear Tyre: 130/70-18, 63 H Pirelli Sport Demon